This post is long past due, and perhaps should have been the first post I made. Better late than never, I suppose. I’m not sure whether many will read it, but I feel it’s necessary to put it out there.
|Men: overrepresented among the most brutal, filthy, and deadly jobs|
Mission and Values:
· Educate the public on the issues and needs of men and boys, especially in academic matters.
· Advocate the ideals of equality and social justice, question the assumptions of traditional gender roles that are limiting and harmful to men and boys, and compliment the current discourse on gender equality.
· Take a stand against the phenomenon of misandry – sexism against men and boys.
· Advocate a philosophy of non-violence.
· Advocate the end of the zero-sum approach to gender equity by stressing that for every women’s issue there is a men’s issue, and that both sexes deserve our compassion and support.
· Support and advocate – in limited and appropriate measures - civil disobedience in the face of unjust laws, codes, customs, policies, directives, etc.